Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Back online...

Our broadband connection (8 houses in the village were down the last three days) has finally been restored, so tomorrow I'll hope to catch up with what's been going on here.

Meanwhile, a quick book recommendation (of which more later): Ruth Burrows OCD - Guidelines for Mystical Prayer (Burns & Oates 1976, new edition 2007). If you have an unread copy on your shelf, do get it down now. If you haven't, check it out - I bought a copy in Salisbury last week, when the clergy, and we lay ministers, from the Diocese went to the Cathedral for Maundy Thursday - I've hardly put it down since. One of those books you just have to read and re-read.

It's getting late, and I have to be in Bournemouth first thing tomorrow, so I'd better get to bed...

2 comments:

Jan said...

I have a copy somewhere, so I'll find it soon! Thanks, Mike. Missed you, so I'm glad you're back online.

Jane R said...

Thank you for the recommendation! I didn't know the book.

Will try to find a copy.