Monday, June 05, 2006

Mea culpa!

It's been far too long since I posted anything... Really have kept meaning to, but there's been so much going on, and when I've had the time my head's been going in all kinds of directions.

However...

I'll try and get into the habit of posting at least someting regularly - it's not fair to have a blog and leave it unattended, I always think.

Looking back to my last post on May 15th, I should record that I finally said, "yes" and have begun the offical Lay Pastoral Assistant training. Feels like a huge step, somehow. I don't think it's the job itself - and in our church it's very much what you make it, so I can major on prayer rather than visiting if that's where the Lord puts me (it usually is!) - but more that it's a kind of irrevocable commitment to work within the Anglican church  from now on. Well it feels irrevocable. It also feels incredibly right. I have less doubt than I've had about anything since beginning the long Franciscan trail. God has finally nailed me, I think, and so here I shall stay, nailed...

There's a lot to think about. I do know that coming here to Wool, Jan and I both felt so strongly that God was calling us to serve this community, to work here, in this and the surrounding villages, and despite some pretty strong human nudges away from here, nothing has changed that. I've felt too, increasingly strongly, that one of the real challenges to the chuch in England at the moment is ministering to the rural community, and that the CofE is probably the only church in a position to do so. I've been praying about this for years now - so I can't really complain if God has taken me at my word, and decided to make me a bit of the answer to my own prayers!

More of this later - I need to go and put some rice on to boil...

No comments: